“My goal is to provide you with competent, compassionate legal counsel in a professional manner during a difficult time in your life. My legal assistant Lauren works closely with me as well as my clients and has been a member of my legal team for over thirteen years. Lauren and I pay close attention to details, and will work with you to achieve a favorable result.”
Specializing in the areas of Divorce and Family Law including Parental Rights, Child Custody and Support, Guardian Ad Litem, and Juvenile Defense. Serving clients in all courts located in Cumberland and York Counties.
Education & Experience
- University of Maine School of Law
- UCLA, B.A. English Literature, 1983
- Admitted to the Maine Bar in 1992
Janet first joined Smith & Elliot in 1992 where she focused on a broad range of litigation including family law. In 1993 she joined the Tom Hallett Law Firm for three years practicing civil litigation and family law. In 1996 she became a partner in the law firm of Altshuler, Vincent and Kantz, concentrating on family law, Guardian ad litem work, and juvenile defense. The firm is now known as Vincent, Kantz, Pittman and Thompson, LLC.
- Maine State Bar Association, Family Law and Womens’ Law Sections
- Maine Guardian Ad Litem Institute
- State of Maine GAL Roster for both Title 19-A and Title 22 cases
- Board Member Kids First Center
- Milestone Foundation: ten years on Board of Directors
- Member of several juvenile justice organizations addressing statewide concerns